Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gardens... and Spring...








I have spent the past few weeks dreaming about what Spring could bring and what I would like to see in our future garden.  I am meeting with our Landscape Architect late this week to see if we can plan out all of the fantastic things we want to do.  I adore the iron doors and windows in the first two images (the first one is Merci in Paris) I would love a pair where the window now is in my dining room, with Wisteria trailing above a seating area and a small fountain.  Hydrangea are my FAVORITE flower in the world and I need to have those in various locations so they are a must.  But the rest is pretty up in the air, we love fruit trees and have a few that were here when we arrived that we would like to keep.  There is to be a pool and hopefully a small pool house.  I cannot wait to get it all down on paper to see if it is even possible and then start tackling it piece by piece.  

What are your favorite garden elements- any recommendations?

images via

Photobucket 
Pin It!

11 comments:

Tara Dillard said...

Amazing, I designed the same pool last week.

Turf + checkerboard.......

Old pool, new life!!

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Wild Oak Designs said...

Fountains! Great seating that is comfortable (and lovely to look at)....and of course flowers!
We are looking into doing our yard....but after doing the bathroom, it may be something we do later.....
Nancy

Kris said...

My favorite flower is also hydrangeas! I had several of them in the front of our home in various colors. I love to dry them in late August. Fountains and ironwork are also great features. Its fun to design new gardens and landscaping!

Leigh at Hudson Smith...Home said...

I absolutely LOVE hydrangea, and those pictures are fabulous! I've been trying to find more ways to have hydrangea, wisteria and lilacs in my garden, but, sadly, the deer are working against me!

Enjoy your garden planning!

Acquired Objects said...

We just put in a stone step on Sunday and will install some antique gates this weekend. When the nurseries fill up in goes another hydrangea hedge and with fountain grass....can't wait. We have hydrandea everywhere!

XX
Debra~

Mrs. Sutton said...

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH for those images of the hydrangea! that's exactly how I want them to look around my house (I have similar golden honeyed brickwork - it's a Georgian house in the UK). Great inspiration. The courtyard in the first picture is just so charming - lovely!

FleaingFrance & French Shopping Tours said...

I think you have it covered with these! Simply gorgeous.

Aila said...

First time commenter here. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing more about what you're doing with your own home. I enjoy inspiration images but I also like to see what they inspire in "real life." I became a regular reader shortly after moving in with my boyfriend, it's hard to find design things we agree on, but your images keep coming through for me!

mme gudule said...

Vos photos sont splendides !
J'adore le jardin...
Excellente journée sous le soleil !
Au plaisir de vous lire...

elisa said...

gosh, that last image looks like heaven. i dream of a natural swimming pool, the sort that uses a system of reeds to purify the water! they are gorgeous and high on my dreamy list. i love birdbaths, and old benches, i love arbors and pebble pathways. i'm also so fond of an area of cottage garden, mixing vegetables like artichokes and kales in with profuse, delicate flowers…!

Karen said...

This is wonderful, just the motivation I needed to get going in the garden.
Karen at Garden, Home and Party